Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU) is a university in Ho Man Tin, Hong Kong. The university is committed to providing various activities and learning opportunities for students to enjoy vibrant campus life and prepare for future careers.
Postgraduate Programs –
The postgraduate programs offered by the university are –
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – A candidate shall complete a thesis by research under the supervision of one or two academic staff. The following schools offer the master of philosophy-
- School of Arts and Social sciences
- School of educational languages.
- School of Nursing and health studies.
- School of science and technology.
- Lee Shau Lee School of Business and Administration.
- Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.) – The doctor of philosophies offered by the same schools mentioned above where a candidate shall complete a thesis by research under the supervision of one or two academic staff.
- Doctor of Education (EdD)- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA or DBAC). This involves coursework (40 credits) in the thesis. The program’s principal aim is to significantly contribute to the advanced professional and academic development of those concerned with education and elite fields to benefit the wider educational community.
- Doctor of Engineering (DEng)- This is a professional doctorate program intended for engineering professionals to pursue a profession-oriented research project leading to a doctorate.
Apart from these programs, there are many postgraduate education programs and undergraduate programs, such as the undergraduate program for bachelor of nursing.