For every man, the satisfaction of washing his own on a bright sunny day is unparalleled. It takes a lot of work and patience to clean every bit of your car, and it calls for great accolades by not taking your car for a wash and doing all the work yourself. Sometimes, we may want to wash our own car but do not have the basic knowledge about washing it properly. Well, car washing is not about taking a bucket of water and a piece of cloth, and rinsing the car with after followed by drying it with an old cloth fragment.
No, car washing is an art, and there are techniques and important steps that are to be followed to perform a diligent job which exudes perfection and makes your Houston Chevrolet Corvette look dapper. Without further ado, let’s start the process:
- Weekly wash:The first thing is that you should wash your car every week, the reason being that there are some contaminants like bird droppings or bug droppings, these droppings have toxins that, if left for a longer time on the car paint, will cause a lot of damage. Hence, you need to make it a routine to wash your car every week. Another reason is the brake dust when the brake shoes strike the inner rim to stop the vehicle, it releases small dust particles that are invisible to the naked eye. These dust particles stick to the lower portion of the car and are strong catalysts for corrosion.
- The tools:You may think that the softest towel in your house is sufficient to wash your car and it won’t leave any scratch marks on the body. Well, you’re seriously wrong here, always use the plush sponge and mitts. The towels and other pieces of clothes are harmful because the dirt sticks to them and when you rub the same cloth on other areas, it can really mess up the exterior of the car.
- Tires first: Almost everybody goes to clean the front hood first because it’s easily reachable and looks nice. On the contrary, you need to carefully wash the tires and rims first.This way, if any dirt or detergents splash off on other body parts, you can clean them off easily.
- Avoid the swirl marks: Whenever you use a sponge for applying soap on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado, make sure to keep two buckets ready. In the first bucket, there is the soap solution and always keep clean water in the second one. After applying soap to one area, wash the sponge first and then dip it in the soapy water. This will remove any kind of dirt stuck to the sponge the next time you use it to apply soap, it won’t leave any swirl marks.
- 5. No pressure:You have applied enough pressure while applying soap and the stubborn marks have disappeared, now you need to use free-flowing water to rinse off the soap and make it look like a brand new car.